Dr. James Boyce offered the following notes in his Lay School of Theology class in Spring 2012, "How the Bible Came to Us: Its Writing, Use, and Authority."
A Road Map for Readers
Read the Bible as a Living Word
- Read with the expectation that understanding is new each day
- Read watching for the surprises or the “speed bumps”
- Read with expectation of complexity and diversity
- Read in light of judgment and promise (law and gospel)
- Read in light of the good news of God’s …
Craig Koester provides a fascinating explanation of the number 666 as used in Revelation 13. Watch this brief video to find out what this biblical numerical riddle might mean, and what John's message for his readers might have been.
Podcast discussion with Eric Barreto, Cameron Howard, Nancy Lee Gauche and Terri Elton. Article written by Nancy Lee and Paul Gauche.
“Once upon a time…”
These four words have been igniting imaginations since the beginning of time. As long as there has been a story to tell, the fire of imagination has been fanning into flame all of the components of a good story: drama, plot and surprise, twists, turns and suspense, action, conflict and, often -- redemption, grace and hope. Generations …